A Special Invitation to join the Blue Plaque Circle
The Blue Plaque Circle was founded to recognise the contributions of individuals who are committed to supporting the future of a scheme that does so much to enrich the capital, its people and its culture. Your generous gift will represent a place in history which will last for many generations to come.
The London Blue Plaque Scheme
The London Blue Plaque scheme relies entirely on donations from members of the public. Thanks to our supporters, we’re able to put up 11 new plaques each year.
An annual donation of £5,000 will cover the cost of;
- expert research undertaken by two full-time historians
- preparation and submission of planning applications
- personal liaison with property owners
- educational interpretation of the plaques and the people who have inspired them online
- Production of each plaque, individually hand-made by craftspeople
- installation and unveiling
The Blue Plaque Circle membership
To become a member of this specialist group we ask for a gift of £5,000 a year to support the programme, English Heritage will provide exclusive benefits to members of this intimate Circle by way of thanks.
English Heritage Blue Circle members are a group of like-minded supporters who champion the Blue Plaque scheme and who benefit from exclusive experiences and bespoke events that take them to the heart of England’s heritage.
Through your support and advocacy, you will play a part in achieving our ambition to honour the illustrious talents that once called London, home.
What to expect from your gift
In recognition of your gift you will receive;
- Special invitations to unveilings and private receptions
- An invitation to an annual event with Blue Plaque panel members, our Chair and Chief Executive where you will meet curatorial experts and become closer to our senior leadership team
- A unique pin badge in recognition of your membership and philanthropy
- Your personal copy of English Heritage’s Annual Report
- Press and PR updates (if you wish)
To discuss becoming a member of the Blue Plaque Circle, please contact: Aileen Brennan, Philanthropy Executive: email@example.com / 07553 586871